Grill up a delicious meal with this tart and tangy grilled chicken recipe from Blain’s Farm & Fleet.
Nothing completes a summer day like a meal prepared on the backyard grill. Family and friends will love this unique variation on a heart-healthy favorite. This tart and tangy grilled chicken recipe serves four people.
Tart and Tangy Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 4 broiler-fryer chicken quarters
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugarless all-fruit orange marmalade
1. Preparation – In a small frying pan over medium heat, melt margarine. Add the chopped onion and cook, stirring until clear, about five minutes. Stir in vinegar, soy sauce and orange marmalade. Pour mixture into a food processor or blender and blend about one minute. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and arrange in a shallow bowl in a single layer. Pour sauce over chicken, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
2. Grilling – At cooking time, place the chicken on prepared grill, skin side up, about 8 inches from the heat. Place the marinade in a small saucepan on the grill or side burner and heat to boiling. Grill the chicken, turning and basting with sauce every 10 minutes, for about one hour or until a fork can be inserted in the chicken with ease.
Grilling out in the backyard, beach or tailgate party is the best way to spend the summer. That’s why you’ll find top grills brands like Weber and Char-Broil at Blain’s Farm & Fleet. From gas grills to grill accessories, you can become a grill master in no time with our wide selection of grilling equipment. For more grill recipes, visit our Grilling & Patio blog.