We Respect Your Privacy
- Use of our websites, including mobile websites
- Visits to our stores or attendance at one of our events
- Use of our site by mobile phones, tablets or other smart devices
- Phone and email communications
- Social media interactions on our websites and other third party websites like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails
The Information We Collect
We may collect Personally Identifiable Information ("PII") directly from you or from a third party. This information includes but may not necessarily be limited to:
- Contact Information like names and user names of customers and visitors, purchase history, billing and supply addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, other digital contact information, and information that you provide us about others
- Payment information like your credit card, debit card, or a gift card
- Product returns, refund requests, and exchanges
- Demographic information like your opinion of our services, product reviews you submit, age, and gender
- Location information like data obtained from your mobile device's GPS, your IP address, or other browser information that assists us with finding our stores nearest to you, offering driving directions to you, and determining product availability
- Your friends' names and email address when you send messages to a friend through this site. When you use this function you are telling us that you are entitled to use this information and provide it to us
- Other information about the browser you are using. You may control the collection and use of this information as described in the Customer Control Over Personally Identifiable Information section below
We may also collect non-personal information about users through several common online tracking tools. These tools are used to:
- Track new visitors to our website
- Recognize returning visitors
- Store registered passwords
- Make product recommendations
- Better understand the respective interests of customers and website visitors
- Provide the correct information for a local store
- Fulfill purchases on our website
How We Collect Information
We collect information passively by using tracking tools like browser and flash cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies. Cookies are small bits of information that this site places on your computer. We use these technologies to identify your IP address, browser type, device characteristics, domain name, referring URLs and specific links and web pages through which you click. This data is collected automatically and utilized for data analytics, site operations, fraud prevention and to help us improve the customer's overall experience. However, in general, you can visit Blain's Farm & Fleet on the World Wide Web without telling us who you are or revealing any PII about yourself. We may also use technologies, such as out own cookies, to provide you with personalized online display advertising tailored to your interests. To opt out of our cookies used for this online advertising, click here.
We collect information directly from you, such as names, addresses, email addresses and the like, only when voluntarily provided by a visitor to the site. We collect information when you register online, update your account, log-in, place orders, opt-in to receive emails, shop online, and participate in contests, promotions or surveys. You can choose not to provide certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
We collect some information from other sources, like an updated address from a shipping vendor or information about you from a friend that sends you a gift from our site.
How We Use Information
We use the information you provide for purposes such as:
- Responding to your requests
- Customizing future shopping for you
- Drive through service
- In Store Pickup
- Improving our store
- Providing you with discounts and special offers through mail and email
- The Blain's Extended Service Terms
- Otherwise communicating with you
When an order is placed on our website, we keep a record of this information to process the order, track shipments and contact you via email, postal mail, or by telephone if we encounter any questions or issues with your order. You may also receive order confirmations and status emails from us.
We use service providers to offer financial products, such as Blain's Farm & Fleet credit card. We may share personal information about our consumers with these service providers in order to provide you with tailored information about products and services and special offers. These service providers also have their own privacy statements that set out how they collect, use and disclose personal information.
We may use the services of third parties to collect and use anonymous information about your visits to and interactions with our website through the use of technologies such as cookies to personalize advertisements for goods and services. To learn more, or to opt-out of receiving online display advertisements tailored to your interests by our third party partners, visit the Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Do We Share the Information We Collect?
We may provide aggregate statistics to reputable parties about the visitors to our site, but these statistics will not include any personal or private information that identifies you.
You should be aware that we will disclose specific information about you if it is required to do so by law, governmental request, process or court order if a good faith belief exists that compliance is necessary to conform or comply with the law.
There may be instances when we may use or disclose your PII in order to protect or defend the legal rights, property or operations of Blain's Farm & Fleet or our employees or agents; to protect the rights, privacy, safety or security of users, members or others; to protect against fraud; and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We take our customer's business seriously and take reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and procedural measures to make sure the Blain's Farm & Fleet shopping experience is safe. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to keep your PII and credit card information as secure as possible. SSL technology causes your browser to encrypt your order information before transmitting it to our secure server. SSL technology, an industry standard, is designed to prevent someone other than operators of our websites from capturing and viewing your personal information.
While we implement these and other security measures to protect your privacy, please note that 100% effective security is not always possible and we cannot be responsible for the actions of those who may gain access to your PII.
Links to Other Sites
Our site may include links to other sites as a convenience to you. If you click on one of those links you will be taken to websites we do not control. The inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement of any other company, its site(s), or its product(s) and/or service(s). Blain Supply, Inc. and the Blain's Farm & Fleet corporations are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any other site.
Collection of Personal Data from Children
Blain's Farm & Fleet is concerned about the privacy of children and does not knowingly collect personal information from children. We intend to sell our products only to adults. If you are under 18, you may use farmandfleet.com only under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
Customer Control Over Personally Identifiable Information
Depending upon the type of browser you use, you may have the ability to control cookies. You should consult your browser settings in order to reject cookies and click here to control flash cookies. Configuring your computer to block cookies may limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our website and not all of the tracking we have described will stop if you block or delete cookies. Additionally, you should be aware that your mobile devices may not give you the ability to control cookies.
If you would like to remove your name from Blain's Farm & Fleet's mail or email lists, please contact our Customer Support Team using the information below. We do not sell or rent any of your personally identifiable information to third parties.
Blain's "Do Not Track" Policy
Certain browsers have a "Do Not Track" feature that allows you to tell websites that you prefer not to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are not uniform and we are not currently able to respond to those signals.
Effective September 30, 2016