Follow these tips for organizing your entertainment room from Blain’s Farm & Fleet.
You spend a lot of time in your entertainment room. Why not give it a makeover and make it the perfect entertaining space? Whether you’re having friends over or it’s family movie night, keeping your entertainment room organized is a must. We have a few tips and ideas to help you organize your entertainment room.
5 Tips for Organizing Your Entertainment Room
1. Start with your entertainment center – Your television is the main focus of the room, so you want it to look nice. Be sure to organize any cabinets or drawers that it may have. This is an excellent place to store media. Organizing your titles in alphabetical order is a great way to find your favorite flicks! If you have too many CDs or DVDs to fit in your entertainment center, consider adding a shelving unit or building some shelving above your television. All you need to build your own shelving is a shelf, brackets, screws and screwdriver.
2. Set up a home audio system – If you don’t have a home audio system, consider purchasing one for a better auditory experience. Pick up some extra speaker wire to create a surround sound effect by placing the speakers in each corner of the room. However, an important thing to remember is to run the wiring under the carpet or behind the wall bordering. Not only does this create a clean and modern look, it will help to prevent accidents when you are walking around the room.
Most entertainment centers have a space to keep the subwoofer, if yours does not you can place it next to or behind the entertainment center. Just remember to tuck any wiring behind the unit to prevent injuries and maintain a clean look.
3. Create the perfect seating area – Now that your home entertainment system is looking and sounding great, it’s time to create your own personal viewing area. Whether you own a recliner, couch or loveseat, treat yourself to a chair side stand. A chair side stand is a great way to enhance your viewing experience as well as keep track of the remote.
4. Organize with accessories – Pick up some coasters so you can enjoy food and beverages without tarnishing the wood. You can keep movies and other media in decorative storage baskets on the entertainment shelves. They add a touch of decor while keeping everything organized.
5. Don’t forget snacks – If you’re really going for the home theater feel, include your very own popcorn popper. Now you can enjoy the taste and smell of the theater, in addition to the sights and sounds. This will look great on display next to your movie collection and with a chair side stand–you can keep your bowl of popcorn close by!
Now that your entertainment room is built for perfection, you can enjoy all the perks of the movie theater right in your own home. So sit back, relax, pop some popcorn and enjoy a night in with the family.