Learn how to wax a car with the help of Blain’s Farm & Fleet.
Whether your car is brand new with a clear coat top or 20 years old and clinging for dear life, waxing it regularly is important. Car wax will clean, shine and protect automotive finishes while acting as a barrier from everyday wear and tear. The more time and care you put into waxing your car, the better the final appearance will be. That’s why Blain’s Farm & Fleet is here to teach you how to wax a car.
How to Wax a Car:
1. First, if you have just washed your car, make sure to dry it off completely. Water droplets can cause wax to streak and make it tough to buff off.
2. Next, apply a very thin coat of car wax or paint sealant. Do not apply the wax too thick or it will streak. Avoid doing this in the sun as it can dry too quickly and become extremely difficult to buff off.
3. Use a polishing pad to buff off the first coat of wax.
4. Follow it up with a microfiber towel. This helps to remove wax residue and gives your car a beautiful shine. The fibers in the towel also help to ensure that there is less dusting as they do not shed lint.
5. Check the label on your car wax and wait the proper amount of time before you reapply another coat (usually 12-18 hours).
6. Now that you have put in the work, your vehicle is clean, shiny and blemish free!
Visit our Automotive blog for more tips, how-to’s and DIY auto repair guides. If you’re not comfortable working on your own vehicle, you can always visit your local Blain’s Farm & Fleet for all of your automotive service needs.