Learn how to detail a car for under $50 with Blain’s Farm & Fleet.
Remember the first day you looked at that brand new, shiny car on the dealer’s lot? Over time, normal wear and tear start to affect the appearance of your vehicle. Things like driving conditions, weather and even accidents can physically add a little age to your car. But nobody wants to spend hundreds of dollars just for a new paint job or complete detail. Learn how to detail a car for under $50 with the help of Blain’s Farm & Fleet.
How to Detail a Car for Under $50:
1. The Wash: The first step to detailing your car is to get it clean. It is important to remove dirt, dust and debris so you don’t grind it into the paint during another step. You will need a Blain’s Farm & Fleet White Plastic Pail, Peak’s Microfiber 3 piece Detailing Set, and a mild detergent. We suggest Meguiar’s Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo and Conditioner because it conditions the paint while you wash it.
2. The Fix: After getting your car squeaky clean, look over the vehicle for any damage such as swirl makers, scratches or oxidation. Meguiar’s ScratchX 2.0 Car Scratch Remover is the perfect detailing product to help you remove these blemishes. Simply apply by hand and make sure you work in small areas to really focus on removing visual damage completely.
3. The Polish: Polishing your vehicle gives it that high shine it once had when you bought it. Polish does not clean or fix blemishes so make sure that step one and two are completed to your standards and repeat if necessary before polishing. Use the second cloth in your Peak Microfiber 3 piece Detailing Set apply and wipe clean. You’ll love seeing that brilliant shine return to your vehicle!
4. The Wax: Now that you have put sweat and tears into the appearance of your car, you want to protect it. Your vehicle should be clean, pretty much blemish free and shiny. Think of wax like a sealer. Using your last cloth from your detailing set, apply wax, let it dry and remove, Make sure you do not put too much wax on though. It will take too long to dry and make it extremely difficult to remove. Try Meguiar’s Paste Cleaner Wax.
5. The Tires and Wheels: You can’t drive your car around town with dirty wheels and tires. As we all know, your tires are exposed to many different conditions and getting road residue off can be tricky. Meguiar’s Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner is a simple spray that works on both your tires and wheels. It is formulated to cling to the stubborn dirt and grime so you can easily remove it.
6. The Interior: Your car looks like it came off the showroom floor and we need to make the inside match. Meguiar’s Quik Interior Detailer Wipes are a simple and fast way to clean the interior of your vehicle. These detailer wipes are safe to use on all surfaces and are a great thing to keep in your backseat to touch up on a regular basis.
7. The Windows: From inside to the outside, your car’s appearance is close to the way it was the day you bought it. The final step is to wash your windows and make sure everyone driving next to you on the road can clearly see the lucky owner of that beautiful vehicle. Powerhouse Glass Cleaner is a great product that will leave your windows streak free.