Help your kids make a homemade lemonade stand with help from Blain’s Farm & Fleet.
It’s almost a rite of passage for every child—selling lemonade to the neighborhood on hot summer days. When your child is bored this summer, tear them away from TV and get them outside. Building a homemade lemonade stand is an easy and fun way for you and your child to spend time together.
1. Start with getting your lemonade recipe set and chilling in the fridge. For extremely easy lemonade, pick up a few packages of lemonade mix. All you need to do is add water to the mix and you’re set.
2. If your kids want a more involved lemonade recipe, grab some real lemons, sugar and water. Four or five lemons will make about one pitcher of lemonade. Buy additional lemons to slice and add to your mixture. Here’s a simple recipe to follow:
Mix 1 C. of sugar with 1 C. of water and heat in a small saucepan. Pull out the juicer and extract at least 1 C of lemon juice. Mix the juice and sugar water in a pitcher. Add 3 or 4 C of cold water to the mix. Slice up some lemons and your delicious lemonade is set to sell. Increase portions to make a larger batch. If you’re selling to the whole neighborhood, it’s better to start with more than you may need instead of running out midday.
3. While the lemonade is cooling in the fridge, set up your stand. Start with a cooler filled with ice. The larger the cooler, the more lemonade you will be able to have with you while sitting by your stand.
4. Next, you’ll need a table and some chairs. A large folding table is a lightweight and easy way to set up a lemonade stand so that it can easily be taken down at the end of the day, and put back up to more. You’ll also need some plastic cups and paper towels to serve the lemonade. You may also want some camping chairs and a canopy to keep the kids and customers in the shade.
5. Cover and decorate your lemonade stand with a bright table cloth that attracts attention. Add signs indicating how much you’re selling the lemonade for. Want even more DIY fun? Check out our DIY kitchen chalkboard project. You can call customers to your lemonade stand with this homemade sign that can be used again and again. Be sure you have a jar to store the money in so it’s kept safe and out of the way.
6. Bring out your lemonade and get ready for customers. If it’s hot out, you’ll be plenty busy!