Follow this simple peach butter recipe to make the perfect mason jar wedding favors!
Four simple ingredients are all you need to make delicious peach butter. Your family members are sure to appreciate a taste of summer in the middle of winter when they pull out your peach butter wedding favor. Follow this easy recipe, courtesy of Jen F. from Nashville, Tenn. The recipe will yield four pints of peach butter, so you may increase ingredients as needed.
Peach Butter Recipe Ingredients
- 4 lb to 4-1/2 lb Peaches
- 4 C. Sugar
- 1/2 C Water
- 1 – 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
How to Make Peach Butter
1. Determine the amount of peach butter you want to make. Just make sure you have enough peaches for the recipe (if you’re doubling the recipe, double the peaches). You don’t have to worry about the quality of the peaches. Choosing overly ripe peaches may affect the taste, so try to get fresh ones. Thoroughly wash the peaches. Don’t peel them, but remove all seeds and any bruised spots.
2. Chop the peaches into small chunks for cooking. Put the peach chunks into a stockpot with the 1/2 C. of water.
3. Cook the peach chunks over medium heat until they’re soft.
4. Run the cooked peaches through a food mill until the peach skins are all that remain in the mill. Throw away the peach skins.
5. Throw the peaches back into the stockpot. Add the sugar and cinnamon. The sugar and cinnamon add great flavor to the peaches.
6. Cook the peaches, sugar and cinnamon over medium heat until the mixture is thick. Stir the mixture frequently to keep it from sticking to the pot. Cook for 30 minutes to an hour, or until the peach butter holds together on a spoon.
10. Display the jars however you want, and have your wedding guests grab one to remember your special day!