Get ready for any holiday party with this green bean casserole recipe.
There’s nothing like joining family and friends together in the kitchen and around the dinner table. Green bean casserole is a staple at almost any table throughout the holidays. Plus, it’s easy to throw together. Try this green bean casserole recipe and add your own touch to it this year with a few suggestions from Blain’s Farm & Fleet.
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Dash ground black pepper
- 4 cups green beans
- 1 1/3 cups French’s French Fried Onions
- Sliced almonds
Easy Green Bean Casserole Recipe:
1. Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
2. Bake at 350°F. for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture.
3. Sprinkle with the remaining onions and sliced almonds to top the casserole.
4. Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
You can always add spices and other ingredients if you want to personalize the flavor. We have a few suggestions to help you get started.
For cheese lovers: Stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese with soup and omit the soy sauce. Sprinkle with an additional 1/4 cup cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions to the top.
For a touch of Christmas color: Stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with the soup.
Sharing food and cooking is one of the best parts of any holiday. Visit our In the Kitchen blog for more fun recipes to try–on any occasion.