Get prepared for the week with our easy recipes for make-ahead meals.
When you or the kids are on the go, nutritious meals can get left in the dust. Sometimes it’s just easier to get everyone in the car and go through a drive-thru. One of the easiest ways to get back on track? Make-ahead meals! Whether you need make-ahead meals for breakfast, or something you can pop in the microwave after a long day at work, there’s a recipe out there for you. We’ve compiled a recipe list of make-ahead meals for every meal. So step away from the fast food, and start prepping for faster, healthier food.
Make-Ahead Meals: Breakfast
1. Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches – These breakfast sandwiches from Damn Delicious are easy to make, and are perfect for on-the-go breakfast any day of the week. Prep the sandwiches and freeze them in plastic storage bags. You or the kids can simply warm them up in the microwave for a healthy alternative to store-bought, sodium-packed breakfast sandwiches.
2. Apple Pie & Almond Butter Energy Balls – Grab a few of these energy balls, and you’ll be good to go for the morning. They’re even great for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up. The easy recipe from Nutritionist in the Kitch is vegan and gluten-free, too.
3. Make-Ahead Granola-Oat Cups – You can take granola and oats on the go with this easy recipe from Betty Crocker. Freeze them in baking cups and reheat in the microwave for a quick and healthy breakfast.
4. Basic Quiche – This recipe from Real Simple serves up to six people. It’s perfect served fresh, or you can reheat the delicious dish for breakfast all week long.
Make-Ahead Meals: Lunch
1. Grilled Chicken Veggie Bowls – Easily prep lunch for multiple days of the week with this recipe from Picky Palate. You can skip the take-out or vending machine and have a protein-packed lunch all week long.
2. Make Ahead Lunch Wraps – Instead of going out for lunch when you’re at work, try this easy recipe from All Recipes. You can make batches of wraps and freeze them. Once you get to work, pop one or two in the microwave for a healthy, hearty lunch.
3. Strawberry and Goat Cheese Mason Jar Salad – You can easily make and take a salad to work with this recipe from Food and Other Stuff. Everything is neatly packed in a mason jar, saving you from cleaning messy dishes in the break room.
4. Greek Pasta Salad – Enjoy a fresh, delicious pasta salad with this recipe from Eating Well. Prepare the salad the night before and pack some pita chips as a side dish.
Make-Ahead Meals: Dinner
1. Crock Pot Shredded Beef Enchiladas – This recipe from Iowa Girl Eats is great for serving right away or freezing for an easy meal later in the week. Serve the tasty enchiladas with fresh avocado or homemade salsa for extra flavor and texture.
2. Clean Eating Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese – You can indulge in creamy mac and cheese with a kick, all while eating a healthy homemade meal. The recipe from Skinny Ms. can be prepped and kept in the freezer, and popped in the oven when you’re ready to eat.
3. Make-Ahead Mini Chicken Pot Pies – Everyone can enjoy their own pot pie with the recipe from Make Ahead Meals For Busy Moms. These do take some prep time, so it’s best to designate a night for preparing the pot pies. Once they’re ready, throw them in the freezer and heat up on a busier night.
4. All-American Meat Loaf – Taste of Home’s meat loaf recipe provides a hearty meal for any day of the week. You can serve it the day your make it, or freeze it for up to three months.