Spice up your next camping trip with our tasty camping recipes.
Outdoor cooking is one of the most fun parts of a camping trip. However, eating the same old hot dogs and s’mores can get boring after a few outdoor adventures. If you want some new camping recipes to try, look no further. We have great camping recipes for breakfast, dinner and everything in between. Build the perfect campfire and get started!
Breakfast Camping Recipes
1. Cheesy Dutch Oven Potatoes – There’s nothing better than starting a day of outdoor fun with a hearty breakfast. The recipe from One Sweet Appetite is an easy one that includes everyone’s favorite: bacon! Throw everything in a dutch oven and cook the perfect breakfast.
2. Scrambled Eggs and Biscuits – This recipe from What’s Cooking America is a snap to follow. Make the scrambled eggs inside the dutch oven, and cook the biscuits on the lid. You’ll have a tasty breakfast with easy cleanup.
3. Campfire Breakfast Burritos – Food wrapped in foil is a staple of campfire cooking. These breakfast burritos from Alaska From Scratch are no exception. You can prep them ahead of time by cutting up all the vegetables, browning the sausage and storing it in a plastic bag in one of the coolers until it’s cook time.
Lunch & Dinner Camping Recipes
1. Dutch Oven Stuffed Peppers – Dirty Gourmet’s stuffed peppers are great for camping. You can even make them vegetarian-friendly by substituting vegetarian ground meat for the real meat.
2. Campfire Tex Mex White Bean Chicken Foil Packets – The Kitchen Magpie’s spicy dish is a healthy option when you’re camping. Just fill the packets and place them on a camp grill. The easy recipe is ready to go in 35 minutes, including prep time.
3. Campfire Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich – The recipe from Twin Dragonfly Designs can feed your whole family. All you have to do is stuff a large loaf of French bread with Philly cheesesteak ingredients and wrap it in foil. Stick it in the coals of the fire to cook it.
Snack Camping Recipes
1. Campfire Pizza Nachos – If you’re looking to combine two of the ultimate snack foods, then you’ll need to check out the recipe from Cooking With Janica. Ditch the microwave and use a cast iron skillet to make campfire pizza nachos. Make the garlic cream sauce beforehand at home to minimize dirty dishes while camping.
3. Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Whole Grain Mustard – If you want a healthy snack, try Rosemarried’s grilled Brussels sprouts. Once they’re seasoned, cook the Brussels sprouts on the camping grill with bamboo skewers.
Dessert Camping Recipes
1. Cherry Chocolate Pudgy Pie – Taste of Home’s pudgy pie dessert is so simple, even the kids can get involved. Line the pie iron with bread, add the filling ingredients and that’s it! It’s easy as pie.
2. S’mores Campfire Cones – This recipe from Frugal Coupon Living lets you have s’mores without the mess! Put all the ingredients in a waffle cone, wrap in foil and place on a camping grill. Mix and match ingredients. Some great options are peanut butter cups, fresh fruit and nuts.
3. Campfire Orange Cakes – Everyone can make their own delicious campfire cake with the recipe from Little Jenny C. All you have to do is gut some oranges, fill them with cake mix and bake them on the campfire. The cake ends up with a hint of fresh orange flavor.