You’ve seen them on Pinterest and now you can learn how to make your own mason jar soap dispenser. Add country charm to any sink in your home with help from Blain’s Farm & Fleet.
- Mason Jar (Regular Mouth or Wide Mouth Mason Jar is up to you)
- Mason Jar Lids and Bands
- Soap Dispenser and Hand Soap
- Sharpie Marker
- Power Drill using a Hole Saw
- Round File
- Utility Knife
- Spray Paint
- Super Glue
Making Your Mason Jar Soap Dispenser
- Mark the center of the mason jar lid with a sharpie maker.
- Make an indent in the mark with an awl.
- Use your plastic soap dispenser bottle to determine the size hole you will need to drill. You may need to compare with several different hole saws to get the perfect fit.
- Drill a hole though the mason jar lid.
- If there are jagged metal burrs after drilling the hole they need to be filed away. Use a round file to smooth out the edges.
- Using the utility knife, cut a hole into the hand soap bottle around the neck. Make sure to leave extra space around the base of the soap bottle.
- Sand the plastic soap dispenser. This will help the glue stick better to the mason jar lid.
- If you plan on painting the mason jar lid and band begin by lightly sanding first. This will help the paint primer stick better before you spray paint.
- After you have finished spray painting the mason jar lid and band, let it sit for a couple of hours until it has completely dried.
- Glue on the soap dispenser pump to the bottom of the mason jar lid. You can also use a washer as a spacer if needed.
- Fill up the mason jar with your favorite hand soap, screw on the lid and your mason jar soap dispenser is all set!
You can also use the Transform Mason Ball Mason Jar Lid Soap Dispenser Pump to easily turn your mason jar into a soap dispenser.