Cook up some flavor-filled dishes with these 10 cast iron skillet recipes.
Whether you’re camping or cooking at home, a cast iron skillet is a versatile tool to have in your cooking arsenal. From dessert to meat, to anything in between, a cast iron skillet can be the only pan you need. To start cooking with your cast iron skillet, we’ve compiled some great cast iron skillet recipes for you to try.
10 Cast Iron Skillet Recipes:
1. Smoked Trout Apple Hash – This recipe from My Recipes is perfect for camping. After a day of trout fishing, use your freshly-caught fish to make a delicious skillet, packed with potatoes and Granny Smith apples. It’s great for breakfast or dinner.
2. Warm Skillet Bread and Artichoke Spinach Dip – This recipe from Seasons and Suppers is great for football season or just any family get together. The toasty bread is cooked with the artichoke spinach dip, so you’ll only need your cast iron skillet to bake the whole thing.
3. Cast Iron Pizza – Make everyone’s favorite in a cast iron skillet with this recipe from Sweet as a Cookie. Between the crispy crust and the bubbly, golden-brown cheese, everyone will love this cast iron pizza.
4. Skillet S’Mores – Ditch the camping fork and make s’mores dip on the campfire with this recipe from Food Network. Melt chocolate chips, top with marshmallows and use graham crackers to dip.
5. Cinnamon Roll Skillet Cake – This easy recipe from Chelsea’s Messy Apron is the perfect breakfast–or dessert–companion. It only take 10 minutes to put together, and the skillet does the rest of the work.
6. Beer Glazed Citrus Chicken – This recipe for chicken from How Sweet It Is pairs perfectly with arugula greens for a healthy cast iron skillet option. The flavors of your favorite beer, garlic and citrus all blend together to soak into the juicy chicken.
7. Hot German Potato Salad – Cook up some comfort food with this recipe from The Rising Spoon. Filled with bacon, potatoes and onions, this German potato salad is sure to be a hit.
8. Southwest Corn Pudding – This skillet corn pudding from Midwest Living is perfect for serving on its own or as a side dish. Packed with cheddar, buttery onions and green chilies, flavor is anything but lacking.
9. Sheepherder’s Breakfast – This recipe from Taste of Home is a great breakfast dish to make on the campfire. With a hearty cast iron breakfast like this, you’ll be ready to leave the campsite and hit the great outdoors.
10. Skillet Bourbon, Peach and Blueberry Crumble – Everyone will love this cast iron dessert from Home is Where the Boat Is. Top it off with ice cream or homemade whipped cream for the perfect treat.