Not only is Blain’s Farm & Fleet your go-to place to buy tires, but it can also be your tire repair shop.
Tire installation isn’t simply throwing on a new set of tires. We take care of your entire wheel system, ensuring you’ll have a safe and efficient ride when you leave our tire repair shop. Learn a little more about what our tire change service includes at Blain’s Farm & Fleet.
1. The wheels come off – First, we take all the wheels off your vehicle. Once the wheels are off we clean any rust or corrosion off the wheel hubs and the backs of the rims. This ensures that the surfaces match up flush and don’t come loose when the wheels are put back on and torqued down.
2. Old wheel weights are removed – We remove the old wheel weights because they can shift over time and bring the wheel out of balance. If you ever have wheels that are out of balance, we also offer tire balancing at our tire shop.
3. The old tire is recycled – The old tires are removed and sent to Liberty Tire Recycling. They recycle the old tires into crumb rubber, which is used for landscaping mulch, football field turf, playground cushioning and more.
4. Rims are polished – We polish the lips of the rim with a wire-wheel. This helps make sure that the new tire has a smooth surface to seal up to.
5. The valve stem is replaced – Valve stems can wear out over a set of tire’s lifetime.
6. The new tire is mounted – We mount the new tire on the wheel. The wheel is spun on a balancing machine, and wheel weights are attached at the proper points to ensure a smooth and even ride. The wheels are then put back onto the vehicle.
At Blain’s Farm & Fleet, we want you to have the smoothest, safest ride. This means offering durable tires from trusted brands like Michelin, BFGoodrich, Yokohama and more. Our associates at your local tire repair shop can help you find the best tire for your vehicle. We also offer tire services like tire repair and tire rotation, as well as general auto repair. To use any of our services, you can request a quote online or call 1-800-365-9936 to schedule an appointment at your local Blain’s Farm & Fleet tire shop.