Create the perfect homemade holiday gift with a mason jar cookie kit.
Gifts in a jar make sweet and simple holiday gifts using just a recipe and mason jars. Try out this delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe, and any other recipes of your choice. Layered baking mixes, brownies, cookies and bath salts make inexpensive, meaningful gifts and the gift tags add a pretty, professional touch.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients for the Mason Jar
- 2 C. Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 3/4 C. Brown Sugar
- 3/4 C. White Sugar
- Chocolate Chips
How to a Make Mason Jar Cookie Kit
1. Thoroughly wash and dry the mason jars and lids before filling with your ingredients.
2. Layer the ingredients into the canning jar in any order you wish. Using a canning funnel works great for most of the ingredients. If you’re following our recipe, fill the jar with enough chocolate chips so the jar is full to the top. Be sure to pack down all ingredients between each added layer, especially the brown sugar.
3. Once you’ve filled the jar with your desired recipe, decorate it however you want! One idea is to drape fabric over the lid. Cut the fabric into a circle by using the top of a small bowl. Place the top of the lid onto the jar, drape the fabric over it and screw on the lid.
4. Punch a hole in the corner of each recipe tag and thread ribbon, poly twine or yarn through it. Tie it around the mouth of the jar.
5. Voila! A quick, easy and thoughtful gift your friends and family will enjoy now and when they bake these delicious cookies!