Learn how to sew a button back on your jeans with Blain’s Farm & Fleet.
We want our clothes to last forever, but sometimes wear and tear happens. A small rip or a button popping off can happen at any moment. Instead of throwing out your favorite pair of jeans, learning to do small repairs can save you time and money. Follow this easy step-by-step project to sew a button back onto your jeans.
What You’ll Need:
- A new button for your jeans
How to Sew a Button Back on Your Jeans:
1. On a smooth flat surface, lay the jeans front-side up. Unzip the jeans and open up the waistband so you can access the hole where the button is missing.
2. Insert the tack (which comes with the new button) through the back of the hole. Hold the tack from behind the hole, and place the new button on top of the tack.
3. Put a flat piece of scrap wood or a cutting board underneath the tack, between the front and back of the jeans. Hammer the button onto the tack. Do this with a straight, downward pound.
4. Try on your jeans to make sure the button is secure and actually holds your jeans together.
That’s it! Of course, if your jeans are beyond repair or you’re just looking for a new pair of jeans, you can visit Blain’s Farm & Fleet. We’re your denim headquarters. We have jeans for the whole family, from your favorite brands at a price you’ll love. For more tips on finding the perfect jeans, visit our Clothing blog.