Learn how to troubleshoot your La Crosse weather station.
Follow the quick steps from La Crosse Technology to easily fix issues with your wireless La Crosse weather station. You can also print out step-by-step instructions to keep by your weather station. If at any time you need further assistance with your product, please contact La Crosse Technology customer service at 1-608-782-1610.
How to Reset Your La Crosse Weather Station
1. Batteries are the first thing to check for both the sensor and the display. Use alkaline batteries that won’t expire for at least seven years or test at 1.48 volts on a voltmeter. The problem could simply be that one or both units need the batteries replaced.
2. Bring both units inside and position them three to five away from each other. There should be nothing in between them. Remove all power from both units. Press one of the buttons on the display at least 20 times to clear all memory. Verify that the display is blank before proceeding.
3. Let the senor and display sit with batteries out for 10 minutes. Be sure to use new batteries. Place them back into the remote sensor.
4. Next, taking care not to press any buttons, reinstall new batteries in the display according to the diagram in the battery compartment.
5. Do not press any buttons for at least 15 minutes after installing the batteries. A reading on the sensor’s temperature area should appear fairly soon after new batteries are installed. Keep units no more than five feet apart during this time so the units are able to establish a good connection. The temperature should be showing on your display. You can now put your sensor back outside.
If the reset didn’t work, try some of these techniques:
Alarms – Turning off alarms generally requires pressing the alarm button until the Alarm icon (( )) disappears. If all else fails, remove all power and press any button 20 times. Most units default to alarms being off.
WWVB signal – It is not unusual to take as long as three to five days to pick up the WWVB signal depending on various factors including your location and atmosphere.
Time Zone – You have to be sure you are in the correct time zone during set up. All US Time Zones are negative numbers. Ex: -4 Atlantic, -5 Eastern, -6 Central, -7 Mountain, -8 Pacific, -9 Alaskan, -10 Hawaiian. Is your DST indicator ON or OFF (1 on, 0 off on some units)? If this it’s OFF or at 0 your weather station won’t change.
If your La Crosse weather station has RCC in the SET UP, put it in a window with the front or back facing Ft. Collins, Colorado. Leave it overnight. If you do not have a window facing that direction, put it near an outside wall and point it in that general direction.
Check it in the morning. If the weather station shows the correct time, you have successfully connected to the atomic clock. If the time is still incorrect, give it three or four more nights to set correctly. If after a total of five nights the time is still incorrect, please e-mail support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-608-782-1610 for further assistance.