Give Mom a gift straight from the heart with a homemade mason jar scrapbook.
Give your mom a gift she’s sure to love this year with a quick and easy craft project: a mason jar scrapbook. All you need is a picture of you and your mom, colored paper, a mason jar and her favorite candy. Follow these simple steps for an easy and meaningful Mother’s Day gift.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 pieces of colored scrapbook paper of choice
- 1 sheet white paper (8-1/2″ x 11″) cut into 2″ x 1/2″ strips
- Photo of Mom and kids
- 1 artificial or dried flower
- Mom’s favorite candy
- Clean, empty mason jar
How to Make a Mason Jar Scrapbook:
1. Start off with a clean, empty canning jar. Cut large piece of scrapbook paper into an 11″ x 3″ strip. Wrap the paper around the jar and glue the ends at the back.
2. Cut the second color choice of scrapbook paper into a 4″ x 3″ rectangle. Attach the photo of you and your mom, or entire family to this small square of paper.
3. Attach the colored paper and picture to the paper already glued to the jar. Feel free to get creative here with the paper border and photo placement.
4. Write poems to mom, jot down memories, create drawings and send praise on 2″ x 2-1/2″ strips of white or different colored paper. Fold each and place into the jar.
5. Scatter her favorite candies in among the hand written notes. Be generous, you know mom loves to share!
6. Attach the lid to the jar with the band and close securely. Tie a ribbon in the bow around the band for an added touch.
7. Attach an artificial flower to the top of the jar if desired. Flowers, chocolates and nice memories for Mom are all sure fire ways to make her smile.
8. You can let your imagination run wild with this project. Children can decorate the entire scrapbook paper with drawings and stickers if they wish. No matter what the outcome, Mom will love her personalized gift.