Ladder Golf 101
We all know the game. Few of us know the rules. Thanks to Halex®, the way to play is no longer a mystery. Follow these official instructions to get the most out of your game play. No matter what the outcome though, this game is sure to be a hit at your next party.
- Wild Sales
NFL The Original Football Toss® Game
Blain # 555127
Grip Lock Tape Measure
Blain # 532971
- Halex® Lasso Golf
Blain # 532932
- Halex® Lasso Golf / Bean Bag Toss Combo
Blain # 575271
- Halex® Steel Lasso Golf Pro
Blain # 567102
- Object. Ladder golf consists of two targets in the form of ladders and 6 Bolas (three red and three blue). The game can either be played with two players against eachother, in doubles, or with three people on each team. The object of the game is to toss a Bola at the target and encircle one of the rungs on the target. The player or team that earns exactly 21 points first, wins!
- Course layout. The course should be set up on a level playing surface. The toss line should be 15' to 21' from the target or five to seven standard paces for an approximate distance. Targets should be directly facing eachother, with both legs pointing straight ahead.
- The game is played in rounds. Each round ends when all of the Bolas have been tossed by each player on the team. The Bola can be held and tossed in whichever way is most comfortable for the player. Most players prefer an underhand toss as in horseshoes. A practice round may be held for first time players.
- Flip a coin to decide who goes first. The winner of the coin toss starts the game. After all three Bolas have been tossed, the second team takes their turn. When each round is completed, the players or teams alternate tossing first.
- Scoring. Each rung has a different point value. The top rung is worth one (1), the middle worth two (2) and the bottom rung is worth three (3) points. A one point bonus can also be earned by encircling the same rung with all three Bolas.
- If a Bola is knocked off the target by another Bola, it does not earn points. If a player's Bola lands on the same rung as an opposing player's Bola, they cancel out and do not score any points. Points are counted only at the end of each round when all Bolas have been tossed.
- If a player or team goes over 21 points, none of the points earned for that round count. That player or team must then wait for the next round to try and earn the points needed to reach exactly 21. If the first player or team reaches 21, the opposing team must have a chance to comeback if they are within 10 points.
- In the event of a tie, the players or teams will go into overtime rounds until one player or team is 2 points ahead of the opposing player or team when that round is completed.
- As always, read the complete rules and intructions included with your set. Bring this game with you to any party for some friendly competition and endless fun. Start a tournament, hold contests for your own unique game name and of course, have a blast!