Mason Jar Wedding Ideas: Delicious Peach Butter Wedding Favors
Four simple ingredients are all you need to make delicious peach butter. Your family members are sure to appreciate a taste of Summer in the middle of Winter when they pull out your peach butter wedding favor. -Recipe and photos courtesy of Jen F. of Nashville, TN. This recipe will yield 4 Pints so increase ingredients as needed.
- Pro Freshionals
Blain # 620454
- Chicago Cutlery
Paring / Utility Knife Set
Blain # 497191
Blain # 645444
Quilted Crystal Jelly Mason Jars
Blain # 316923
- Granite Ware
Covered Water Bath Canner
Blain # 047216
- 4-4-1/2 lb Peaches
- 4 C Sugar
- 1/2 C Water
- 1-2 Tbs Cinnamon
- Food Mill
- Choose the amount of peach butter you will want to make. Select amount of peaches to match recipe. Do not worry about quality of the peaches. They do not have to look pretty. Choosing overly ripe fruit may affect the taste, so try to make sure the fruit you select is fresh. Thoroughly wash all peaches. Remove seeds and bad spots, but do not peel.
- Chop peaches into small chunks to cook. See picture for reference. Put chunks into the stock pot with 1/2 C water.
- Cook chunks of peaches over medium heat. Simmer until soft. This could be 10-15 minutes or longer. Time will depend on how ripe the fruit was initially. The more ripe the fruit, the less time it will take.
- Run cooked peaches through a food mill until the peach skins are all that remain left in the mill. Throw away peach skins at this time.
- You will now have 2 Qts of peach pulp ready to go. Add in the sugar. You can also add cinnamon to the recipe at this time for additional flavor.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring frequently to avoid sticking. Cook 30 minutes to an hour or until enough peach butter holds together on a spoon.
- Place peach butter in hot, sterilized mason jars leaving 1/4" of head space.
- Place lids and rings onto the canning jars and process for 10 minutes in a water bath canner to preserve.
- Jen decorated the jars with twine and labels indicating contents of the jar and the date of their wedding. We love the rustic look and original phrases they placed on each of these jars!
- Jen and her husband displayed these jars on this decorative shelf and invited their wedding guests to grab a jar as remembrance of their special day. Thank you Jen for sharing this with us!