Outdoor Hanging Lanterns in Mason Jars
You can use these lanterns for parties, wedding decorations or just a night grilling out in the backyard. With just a few materials and steps, your yard will be transformed into an outdoor oasis! These lanterns also make a great house warming gift for friends or family who appreciate casual style.
Regular Mason Jars
Blain # 292263
Heavy Duty Garden Wire
Blain # 277610
Single Shepherd's Hook
Blain # 330928
Long Nose Plier with Side Cutter
Blain # 134433
- Mark Feldstein & Associates
3 Piece Flameless Pillar Candle Set
Blain # 677069
- Decide what size and shape mason jars you want to use. Taller Mason Jars will give off more light. You may also chose to coat the inside of your jars with paint to give them an even more distinct look. Try a light color paint and let dry completely before continuing.
- Cut about 2' of wire and wrap once entire around the jar. Decide how long you want the handle of the jar to be and extend that above the jar. Wrap the wire around the jar until there is no more slack and secure tightly by using the pliers. Make sure you secure the wire low enough that you are still able to secure the lids on the jars if you chose.
- If you wish to use your lanterns all year round, we suggest you use flameless candles and keep the lids to use on your jars to protect them from the weather. If you are using regular votives, be sure to leave the lids off you jars.
- Create as few or as many of these lanterns as you wish! Hang them from tree branches around your yard, set them on your porch or purchase shepherd hooks to hang them from as well! It's a great way to bring a little style and light to your yard!