Terracotta Window Herb Garden
Love fresh herbs? Well all you need to grow your own are some Terracotta pots, some Valspar spray paint and this simple step-by-step guide.
Standard Terracotta Pot
Blain # 600106
Original One Coater Angled Brush
Blain # 484656
Production Painting Masking Tape
Blain # 580451
- Valspar Flat Black Spray Paint
Blain # 590139
- Valspar Flat White Spray Paint
Blain # 590149
- Livingston Seed Co.
Organic Vegetable Seed Packets
Blain # 599449
- Miracle - Gro
Garden Soil for Flowers and Vegetables
Blain # 447391
- Box of Chalk
- Start by masking off the rims of the pot with the masking tape as this area will be left unsprayed. Lay down newspaper to protect the surrounding area.
- Spray the base of the pot with Valspar Flat Black Spray Paint and allow to dry for at least 45 minutes.
- For personalized, permanent lettering, create template stencils and place them on the dried black paint. Mask off the parts of the pot you do not want painted white. Spray the stenciled area with Valspar Flat White Spray Paint and allow to dry for another 45 minutes.
- If you plan on changing up your herbs once and a while, use chalk for an erasable label.
- After all the paint has dried, remove the masking tape and start planting! Pick your favorite herbs and plant them in their matching pot. Now the next time you want to add fresh flavor to your cooking, all you need to do is walk to your windowsill and enjoy!