Home Canning 101: Proper Canning Accessories
Make sure your next home canning project is a success with the proper tools for preserving. The right equipment will ensure safety and make your life a lot easier when canning at home.
7 Function Canning Kit
Blain # 645236
- If you're a canning beginner, consider purchasing the Presto Home Canning Kit (http://www.farmandfleet.com/products/645236-7_function_canning_kit.htm). This 7 function tool kit contains the canning accessories you need to get started. See all the functions of different handy canning tools you may need below.
- Canning Funnels: Because who wants to clean up more of a mess when things spill all over the jar and counter? These handy tools assure that the transfer of your preserves from the canner into the jar goes smoothly. Use a canning funnel for neat and easy filling of regular or wide mouth canning jars
- A digital timer will help to accurately count down processing times so you are sure that each recipe is processed to the time required for the recipe you are making.
- This kit contains a combination bubble remover/lid lifter. One end gently releases trapped air bubbles from liquid in jars. The magnetic end helps to assist in removing tightly sealed lids.
- A jar wrench helps to remove screw bands from jars that have become stuck in place over time. This is a great canning tool than many beginners don't think to purchase.
- Kitchen tongs provide safe handling of hot foods during preparation for canning. You may already have these laying around your kitchen, but having an extra set specifically for home canning is a good idea.
- A jar lifter might be one of the most important canning accessory you will need for your home canning project. This handy canning tool helps to easily and safely place hot jars in canner before processing and then removes hot jars after processing.