Holiday Gift Giving: Mason Jar Cookie Kits
Gifts in a jar make sweet and simple holiday gifts using just a recipe and a canning jar. Try out this delicious chocolate cookie recipe and any others of your choice! Layered baking mixes, brownies, cookies and bath salts make inexpensive, meaningful gifts and the attached printable gift tags add a pretty, professional touch.
Regular Mason Jars
Blain # 292263
- 2 C. Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp. Arm & Hammer®
Pure Baking Soda
Blain # 492405
- 3/4 C. Brown Sugar
- 3/4 C. White Sugar
- Blain's Farm & Fleet®
Milk Chocolate Chips, fill to top
Blain # 494338
- Back To Basics®
Blain # 615211
- Scrap fabric. 6" - 8" for each jar.
- Printer paper
- Hole punch
- Thoroughly wash and dry the Ball® Regular Mason Jars and lids before filling with your ingredients.
- Layer the ingredients into the canning jar in any order you wish. Using a small funnel works great for most of the ingredients. Fill the jar with enough Milk Chocolate Chips so the jar is full to the top. Be sure to pack down all ingredients between each added layer, especially the brown sugar.
- Once you've filled the jar with your desired recipe, decorate it however you want! One idea is to drape fabric over the lid. Cut the fabric into a circle by using the top of a small bowl. Place the top of the lid onto the jar, drape the fabric over it and screw on the lid.
- Print out the PDF document at the top of the screen. Each page has 3 tags on it, so print out as many pages as you'll need.
- Punch a hole in the corner of each recipe tag and thread the ribbon through it. Tie the ribbon around the mouth of the jar. Voila! A quick, easy and thoughtful gift your friends and family will enjoy now and when they bake these delicious cookies!