Reese’s Peanut Butter Filled Cupcakes
The family will be eager to try these delectible cupcakes. And with Farm & Fleet's silicone bakeware, it makes clean up a snap. Try this recipe for your family this holiday season.
- Reese’s Silicone Bakeware muffin pan
Blain # 497513
- Large Bowl
Blain # 497010
- Hand Mixer
Blain # 270968
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Hershey’s cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peanut butter cream filling
- Assorted candies (optional)
- Stackable cooling racks, 3/set
Blain # 383721
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Stir together dry ingredients in large bowl. Add shortening, buttermilk, water, eggs and vanilla. Beat on low speed of electric mixer 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Fill muffin cups 1/2 full with batter. Bake 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Prepare peanut butter cream filling; place into pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Insert tip into center of cupcakes; pipe filling into cake. Remove tip from cake; garnish top with swirl of filling. Decorate with candes, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover cupcakes. About 3 dozen cupcakes.
- To sour milk: Use 2 1/4 teaspoons white vinegar plus milk to equal 3/4 cup.
- Peanut Butter Cream Filling: 2 packages (3 oz. each) cream cheese, softened 2/3 cup Reese’s Creamy Peanut Butter 1/4 cup milk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 3 cups powdered sugar. Beat cream cheese and peanut butter in large bowl until blended. Add milk and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, if necessary, until des