Holiday Recipe: Green Bean Casserole
Green bean casserole is almost a staple at any table throughout the holidays and it's easy to throw together! Try this recipe and add your own touch to it this year with a few of our suggestions.
- Good Cook® Ceramic Casserole Dish
Blain # 622347
- SoftWorks® Nylon Spoon
Blain # 532372
- SoftWorks® Measuring Spoons
Blain # 497947
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces)Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Dash ground black pepper
- 4 cups green beans
- 1 1/3 cups French's® French Fried Onions
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
Blain # 389931
- Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cup onions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 350°F. for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining onions and sliced almonds to top the casserole.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
- For cheese lovers: Stir in 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese with soup and omit the soy sauce. Sprinkle with an additional 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions to the top.
- For a touch of Christmas colors: Stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with the soup.