Fahrenheat Ceiling Mount Automatic Electrical Garage Heater
Blain # 194376 | Mfr # FUH54 | This product is stocked seasonally
Sale $229.99 through 12/24/2014
Do you have a big garage or small garage? Do you want a lot of heat or a little? The choice is yours with any of the Fahrenheat Ceiling Mount Automatic Electrical Garage Heaters. Available in a variety of sizes, you can get the perfect unit for your garage, shop or out building work area. With the horizontal heat flow and the ability to adjust the air flow to your liking, you’ll get evenly distributed heat. And if you are a little short on space, don’t worry. This heater mounts to your ceiling saving you room. A Fahrenheat Ceiling Mount Automatic Electrical Garage Heater is just what you need to heat your garage.
- Easy installation
- Fan throws air 16' in calm conditions
- Automatic fan delay until heating element warms up
- When heater turns off, the fan continues until heating element cools off
- Field convertible wattage
- Long life, steel plate finned element
- Permanently lubricated fan motor
- Heater may be ceiling or wall mounted to allow for horizontal or downflow application
- Built - in, manual adjustable thermostat with temp range from 45 degrees to 135 degrees F
- Horizontal heat flow and adjustable down flow positions to distribute heat evenly
- Auxiliary, supplementary or primary heat source in factories, stores, garages, basements, warehouses, public buildings, service stations, stockrooms, offices, workshops, toll booths, closing offices, large or exposed areas or additions.
- Heater comes equipped with ceiling mounting bracket for horizontal or vertical flow mounting or any position in between.
- Built-in single pole thermostat adjusts from 45 to 135F.
- Automatic control delays fan action until heating element is warm. When thermostat is satisfied, fan continues to operate until heating element is cool. By preventing circulation of cold air and expelling excess heat, comfort level is raised and component life is extended.
- A high level cutout automatically shuts off current in event of overheating and reactivates the heater when temperature returns to normal.
- Adjustable Watt settings from 1874 watts to 5000 watts
- Typical heating range is from 80 sq. ft. to 1000 sq. ft.
Heating Area: 500 sq. ft.
Q & A
My garage is about the same size, 20x24. So far the coldest temps we had in NJ this year has been 40ish. On the LOW thermostat setting, it took the entire garage up to 64 in about 20 minutes. The thermostat kicked back in every 15 minutes or so and ran for a couple of minutes. In my opinion it works great. I hardwired an on/off switch to the back so it can ben disabled and added a red indicator light to the front so I can easily know if it has power. There are a couple of hash marks on the thermostat below LOW. I'm hoping I can set it to maintain 45 or 50 over the winter to prevent paint cans from freezing. In summary, a very good unit probably capable of handling a room twice the size. I hope this info is helpful. Thanks
Has 110v to each pole in the heater but wont work
coulld be the thermostat ?
If it has a contactor, is it pulled in? If not then there is
a control problem. If you are skilled and confident you
could simply push the contactor in and it should
operate or have an electrician do it. Most of the time
you can bypass the thermostat and close the
contactor that way.
I haven't had any problems so far with mine.
You can't guest the cost of increased heating because every jurisdiction charges a different rate. I imagine that in Wisconsin in the middle of winter it would cost you at least $50/month at say 50d, but it's simply a guest.
To calculate the therms you would use you have to run an energy audit that would calculate the cost based upon the cubic feet of the garage, R factor of the insulation and the desired temperature times the kilowatt hour rate that you're paying.
What is the voltage? is it variable?
How big of an area can be heated?
- temperature dial ranges from approximately 45 degrees to 135 degrees
- typical heating range is from 80 sq. ft. to 1000 sq. ft
If there is anything else, please let us know as we are glad to help.