Our innovative goal-oriented retail management internship program is designed to give you real life experience working for a Midwest retailer with over 50 years of proven success. As a recognized leader in the retail industry for providing superior customer service, you will learn the skills, gain the confidence and "on the job" experience that today's employers are seeking.
Those students awarded the eight week paid internship will walk away with more than just another job. Unlike other internships out there, this program lets you gain industry knowledge and hands on experience you won't learn anywhere else. Your eight weeks at Blain's Farm & Fleet promises to be exciting and goal oriented with your success being our number one objective. You'll be exposed to virtually every facet of retail management, including:
- How to provide exceptional customer service, a key factor in today’s market
- Proven sales and selling techniques for retail success
- Managing loss prevention & safety issues
- Human resources guidelines and procedures
- Learning about day to day store administration responsibilities
- Understanding the roles and functions of retail support operations
- Gaining valuable knowledge about various department procedures and product merchandising
- Daily store management responsibilities
At the end of your internship, you will have the opportunity to meet with one of the co-owners and make a project presentation to the corporate store operations team. Best of all, you’ll be learning from a company with over 50 years of proven success.
- All majors are welcome to apply.
- Stong interest in pursuing a retail career is a must!
- A GPA of 2.5 or greater is required.
- Must be a college junior or senior.
- Possible travel is required in our tri-state area.
- Willingness to relocate to an internship program store within Wisconsin, Iowa and Illinois.
Interested candidates must submit a resume with a cover letter which includes career goals and reason for desiring a retail career with Blain’s Farm & Fleet. Resumes and cover letters should be sent:
Via regular mail
Blain Supply, Inc.
PO Box 391
Janesville, WI 53547
Attn: Recruiting Specialist
Or via email
The deadline to apply for the Summer 2013 Internship program is March 16, 2013.